There’s plenty of things going on in the world of women in metal every month. New albums, videos, tours and other interesting stuff. It can be hard to keep up with all the news- trust us, we know the best. Since we don’t want you to miss anything important, we decided to provide you with a monthly summary from now on. Let’s start with September 2018. Enjoy!
- At the beginning of September, Anneke van Giersbergen announced a release of a live album with Residentie Orkest titled “Symphonized“.
- Fans of Within Temptation received amazing news when the band confirmed their seventh studio album “Resist” to be released this year.
- September 21 was a great day for metal. Symphonic death metallers MaYaN released a masterpiece called “Dhyana” and Heidi Parviainen’s cinematic metal band Dark Sarah closed The Chronicles trilogy with “The Golden Moth“.
Music & lyric videos
- September was filled with new videos. It started with Visions Of Atlantis releasing a video for a touching ballad “The Last Home“.
- Dianne van Giersbergen’s progressive metal band Ex Libris released a lyric video for “The Courtship“.
- Within Temptation announced their comeback with a lyric video and later a music video and behind the scenes video for “The Reckoning”.
- Lacuna Coil are releasing a live DVD soon and they treated their fans with a live version of “Blood, Tears, Dust” from the special 119 show in London.
- Floor Jansen’s Northward presented “Get What You Give” – the second single off their upcoming debut album and it came along with a lyric video.
- Ukrainians IGNEA released a superb video for their new track “Queen Dies” and Dark Sarah for “Sky Sailing“.
- Another lyric video came from Unleash The Archers, namely for their song “Ten Thousand Against One“.
- In September, we got behind the scenes of Arch Enemy’s “The World Is Yours” video shooting.
- MaYaN supported the release of their new album with a video for “Saints Don’t Die“.
- We got new music from gothic metallers Sirenia with a lyric video for “Love Like Cyanide“.
- Moving on, the metal Enya LEAH shared a lyric video for “Edge Of Your Sword“.
- Another live video was delivered by Evanescence – “My Immortal” from the Synthesis Live DVD.
- Amaranthe revealed a bloody video for “Countdown” and Russian metallers Be Under Arms for “Fallen Man“.
- Closing the September with a bang, Nita Strauss shared a music video for the first single “Our Most Desperate Hour” off her upcoming debut solo album.
Endings & new beginnings
September 2018 was tough for bands. Symphonic metallers Eleine have parted ways with two members and another split happened in German metal band Aeverium. Their female vocalist Aeva Maurelle left. Luckily, guys have found a replacement pretty quickly. Vanessa Katakalos will play with them from now on. On the bright side, guitarist Nita Strauss shared details of her debut solo album and we can’t wait to hear it.
- We surely made fans of Christmas songs and carols very happy in September – Raskasta Joulua artists and dates for 2018 were announced.
- Lacuna Coil announced a special screening of their upcoming live DVD and Cellar Darling surprised UK & Irish fans with a tour announcement for 2019.
- Support for Within Temptation’s “The Resist Tour 2018” was announced and it’s a good one! Yeah, Beyond The Black will play on selected shows along with their older symphonic metal colleagues.
- Great news came also from Simone Simons, Anneke van Giersbergen, Dianne van Giersbergen and Marcela Bovio who will share one stage as a part of Ayreon’s special Into The Electric Castle live shows.
In September, we published photo galleries from our talented photographer Valerie Schuster for the very first time. She took some amazing pictures at these shows:
This month, we had an absolute honour to interview the super talented Michalina Malisz of Eluveitie. We chatted about Eluveitie, hurdy-gurdy, her blog Ancient Made Present, YouTube channel Helvetion and other interesting stuff. It’s a nice reading, check it out.
Quite a busy month, don’t you think? Well, that’s a wrap for September. See you next month!
Categories: Cool Stuff